lunes, 11 de julio de 2016

No One Sleeps, for rainy nigths

   Good evening everyone! Always it's special to listen to opera. Operas are perfect plays and tell stories in a different way, a beautiful one. And among all of them, this one.

   Nessun Dorma is part of the opera Turandot, by Giacomo Puccini. It is about a Chinese princess, who decapitated all her suitors who could not answer properly to her riddles, until it appeared a foreigner that not only guessed, but made her divine his name.

   Why did I wanted to write about Nessun Dorma? Yesterday I woke up musical, feeling like conveying opera. Besides, it was Jonas Kauffman's birthday; he is a German tenor who made a version of this song. After watching his video, it came on the list maestre Pavarotti's. From that moment on, I couldn't take that song out of my mind. What is more, this is the track Paul Potts sang when he presented on Britain's Got Talent.

   Without any other preamble, I leave here these beautiful interpretations, for you to relax and sleep well. It's better you listen than to speak or, in this case, read. Enjoy! :)



 





 And the Plus :) 

 


   I also leave you the link to Turandot complete, in case you want to watch it.

   And the lyrics in English of Nessun Dorma.

No one sleeps!

No one sleeps!

Even you, oh princess,
in your cold room,
look at the stars 
that tremble with love
and hope!

But my mystery

it is locked in me.

And my name,
no one will know!
No, no!

On your mouth

I will say it,

when the light
will shine!

And my kiss will break the silence, 

that makes you mine!

choir:
His name no one will know...
And we shall have, alas, to die, to die...!
Disperse, o night!
Vanish, oh stars!
Vanish, oh stars! 

At daybreak, I will win!

I will win! 

I will win!


Questionsss
   - Do you like Opera?
   - Did you like Nessun Dorma?

   Thank youuuu for being here :)

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario